Thursday, October 2, 2008

Limelight Sketch Challenge #5



Every second Thursday, the wonderful Brandi Parshley introduces a fun new sketch challenge and product focus for us to play with! And today is Thursday! Yay!!

For this sketch and product challenge, you will use the sketch pictured as the "recipe", and then use a Halloween or Fall theme throughout the card! That's right, with Fall finally here and Halloween right around the corner, it's only appropriate! Use Halloween or Fall stamps, papers, or embellishments, or simply use Fall or Halloween colors on your card!

Do you see how the middle "o" is popped up on my card??? Well, all three letters are actually popped up, but that middle "o" is on a Pig Tail!!! What's that? It's a spring with two self-adhesive tabs on the ends used to pop up embellishments and images! I LOVE them!!

Now it is your turn! I will choose one of the submissions (randomly!) to win one sheet of the Spooky Stickers AND one sheet of the Spooky Words Stickers by Pebbles, Inc.! Enter your card by submitting a comment and a link to your card on a blog or online gallery on this post. All entries must be submitted by Sunday, October 5, at midnight to be eligible for the prize. If you upload to SCS please use keyword: LLPC005 so we can all view your creations!

Be sure to click on the design team links on my sidebar to see the wonderful creations they came up with! :)

Okay...a couple of things to plug before ending this post!!!
  • Be sure to come back Saturday for GAMES, GIVEAWAYS (over $200 worth), and GREAT DEALS!! CLICK HERE for details!
  • Are you interested in applying for the Limelight Papercrafts Design Team??? CLICK HERE for details!!

Stamps: boo to you (Odd Bird Planet). Paper: Bazzill Orange Juice, Spooky Circles/Black Swirls, Spooky Stripes/Orange Dots. Ink: Palette Noir. Accessories: Spooky Words Stickers, Kaisercraft Black Rhinestones, Parakeet Tulle, Pig Tail.

19 comments:

JenMarie said...

Eek...LOVE it!!! GREAT pigtail use!

Becky Carafa said...

SO clever of you to use a pigtail, how fun! I love the rhinestones too!

Ryann said...

Cute card! I think I may *need* some pig tails!

Kevin Renz said...

Love it Mandy! You always such a cool way of using alphabets.

Jessica Diedrich said...

How cute is that??? Love the pop up O. Sweet!

loretta said...

it is great! Thanks for sharing with us.

Back to New Blinds said...

What a cool card!

Ryann said...

This was a fun sketch to work with. Here is my card:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1075825?cat=500&ppuser=144026

Mandy said...

I had fun with this one! Check out my card here.

Anonymous said...

This was fun! check mine at here

http://jillcoopersblog.wordpress.com/2008/10/03/limelight-papercrafts-card-challenge/

Unknown said...

I love the little pumpkin tag. Great card!

Lisa H. said...

what a cute, fun card! and I love those piggy backs! gotta get me some of those-how fun! off to try the sketch.

Anonymous said...

http://esaye5.blogspot.com/ I love doing these sketches so much fun!

Vickilyn said...

Love the sketch and I popped up my middle piece too...but I think a piggy tale would have been perfect instead of regular pop dots.

And I was pushing the "rules" a bit...I didn't notice the fall/holiday theme...owls + green = fall, right?!?!?

Kerry said...

I just posted my fall card on my blog: www.capturingcreativity.blogspot.com
Thanks!

Lisa H. said...

this is going on my blog tomorrow, for now check out my SCS gallery.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1080177?cat=500&ppuser=45090

scrapping4twins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
scrapping4twins said...

Here's my take on Sketch #5:

http://scrapping4twins.blogspot.com/2008/10/limelight-sketch-5.html

Thanks for the challenge.

Cat said...

Fun! Fun! Mine is sent by email. Thanks for the challenge!