Monday, October 20, 2008

Introducing the Six Chicks!

Well, here we are... It is the moment you've all been waiting for! The big design team announcement! It was such a tough decision! The tragedy was that we really could only offer a total of six positions at this time, and there was SO MUCH talent to choose from! I mean it when I say we agonized over the decision, prayed about it, and chose carefully! If you applied, thank you! We loved your work! I can say that because EVERYONE who applied totally BROUGHT IT! If you did not make it this round, I encourage you to hang in there! Try again next time! And of course....there is always the monthly guest designer spot now! :)

I am pleased to introduce the Limelight Papercrafts Design Team! We're THRILLED beyond words that the original four are ALL staying on board. We were able to add two additional designers as well! Please give them a friendly welcome, and be sure to check out their great blogs!!

The Two New Designers:

Lisa Henke
Hi! I grew up in Michigan, but followed Tim back to his hometown of Cincinnati, OH 10 yrs. ago and now this is where I call home. I am a wife to my wonderful husband, Tim. We just celebrated our 8th Anniversary! We have three energetic young boys (6,4, and 20 months). They are the motivation behind my scrapbooking and since I never get to use pink or flowers on my pages I use my cards to express my girly side. Stamping is my saving grace and I look forward to nap time each day so I can escape downstairs to create something. I have been stamping for almost 8 yrs. now and have been a Stampin' Up! demo for almost 5 yrs. I do love to cook and read, but I admit that almost any free time I have is spent stamping, blog hopping, or hanging out on SCS. I am so excited to be a part of the Limelight team!

Visit Lisa's Blog HERE!

Ryann Salamon
Hi there! My name is Ryann Salamon (aka rsalamon on Splitcoast) and I am just thrilled
to be a design team member for Limelight Papercrafts! I live in sunny San Diego with my
husband of almost 2 years and work in the video game industry in the accounting
department. I started stamping a year ago after visiting my mom to get ideas on my
wedding invitations and I thought "Hey, I can do that!" and here I am! I am a SU hobby
demo and an equal opportunity stamper: I use what I like! When I'm not paper crafting I
enjoy going to concerts and spending time with friends and family.

Visit Ryann's Blog HERE!

Throughout the month of November, we'll have the privilege of welcoming Jessica Russell on as the 7th Six Chick! :)

I'm so excited to be the 7th Six Chick for November!! I love to read, quilt, write poetry, hike, and stamp (obviously). I have been stamping for about 14 years. I can't really describe my style, but I know it is mine. I love creating cards and gifts for my friends and family. I enjoy the creative process, and usually don't think my projects are complete until I add some ribbon or some bling, possibly both! I have to say that I have NEVER enjoyed creating cards and projects as much as I do right now. Using new stamps and supplies has infused me with a creative energy and enthusiasm that I have been missing for some time! Of course, part of that enthusiasm is coming from my new baby boy, Isaac, who is a much-longed for blessing! He will be a year old on November 9th! I stamp during one of his nap times every day! My husband and I have been married for nearly 8 years. I am a firm believer that we are capable of shaping our lives to be exactly the way we want. That is one reason why I recently took a leave of absence from my teaching job to embark on a new an exciting career as a stay at home mom and stamper!

Visit Jessica's Blog HERE!

13 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

Congrats to these gals! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lisa, Ryann, and Jess! They are fabulous! YAY!

Kerry said...

Congratulations ladies!

Tiff said...

CONGRATS and love go out to Lisa, Ryann and Jess, 3 follow Unity buddies :) All 3 of you more than deserve this opportunity!

Michelle Pearson said...

Congrats! Beautiful work!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Such beautiful work!!

Maria said...

Congrats you guys, well deserved.

Kristin Moore said...

Congratulations ladies! Looks like you are all very deserving! I know for sure Lisa is because I know her IRL (Hi Lisa!)! I'll be watching and getting to know the rest of you as well! Way to go!

Katie Cotton said...

congrats ladies!!!!!!

Jessica said...

congrats to all of you!!! what an exciting opportunity for you! way to go!

Cara said...

Congrats, girls! Have lots of fun creating.

AJ said...

YEA to them all!! *fabulous* choices!!!

Basement Stamper said...

Congrats ladies, fabulous work and look forward to seeing more of it!

Vickilyn said...

Congratulations ladies!! Love love love what I have seen!! Can't wait to see more!