Sunday, October 26, 2008

Death By Candy Corn!


Heehee! I just LOVE this Odd Bird Planet sentiment stamp! Death by candy corn! I tell ya, what a WAY to GO! The only thing better, of course, would be death by CHOCOLATE. Yum.

I made a little gift for our neighbor and dear friend Jon, who I heard loves candy corn! Today is Jon's birthday, so what a perfect opportunity to bring over a favorite treat!

I used GP White, Only Orange, and Summer Sun paper strips to create a band around the container (which happens to be a recycled Archer Farms...Target brand...rice jar). I like how even the band resembles candy corn! The Death By Candy Corn stamp is actually a long stamp, so I inked up the words separately and arranged them so that I could contain them in a 1 3/8" circle punch. I matted that circle on a black scalloped circle and alternated Deep Yellow and Orange Kaisercraft rhinestones to embellish! Tied a few ribbons around the neck and ALL DONE!

Check back tomorrow for another creation and a super exciting giveaway! It'll be something we'll have in the store SOON, but you could win it first!!

Ooh, and speaking of blog candy, our DT member and friend Ryann is offering up some AWESOME goodies on her blog! Be sure to check it out HERE!

6 comments:

Ryann said...

cute cute cute mandy!!! i love the bands of orange,yellow/white along the middle. what a great gift idea!

JenMarie said...

OMGosh, so fabulous!! LOVE it!

Lisa H. said...

I almost ordered this stamp the other day! it is really cute and so is your bottle! the rhinestones are my favoirte part-gotta love the bling!

Jill Cooper said...

Super Cute!! I love that saying and never knew what I could use it for, but I may have to do that!! LOL

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I love the jar. I can see myself using this idea around the office at Christmas time. TFS!

Stacey Schafer said...

love this darling bottle of candy corn!