Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Candy Corn Card


Good morning! I hope you are all having a wonderful start to your week! It's been a busy start here, but we like it that way! ;)

I want to share a Halloween card with you that actually coordinates with my Death By Candy Corn Jar found HERE. I love the simplicity of this layout, coupled with the fact that there are a few fun details! I used a white base for the card, then added strips of Curry and Only Orange cardstock. I stamped several cute little Odd Bird Planet critters (don't you LOVE the Superman Owl?!?), watercolored, then embellished! I added Crystal Effects to the space helmet (it's a tragedy that you cannot see how cute it is in the photo! I could NOT get a decent photo of that!), Liquid Applique to the bunny tail, and Orange Peel Stickles to SuperOwl's beak. The pirate chick is all Spica'ed out! :) Don't they look like adorable trick-or-treaters??? I layered the main image on Black cardstock, then popped it up on foam tape over the candy corn striping! I added the two Orange Rhinestones to the sides to finish this off!

I hope you are all having a wonderful day! Lots of you have signed up for the Limelight Papercrafts newsletter, which should be finished up and sent out today, actually! If you haven't signed up, you have through Friday to sign up and be eligible for the Chocolate Box cardstock giveaway! Good luck! :)

9 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

Ack! How cute is that? Also, I got my Limelight Loot! Woohoo! Thank you!

Kevin Renz said...

Cute card Mandy! I'd rather make a card with candy corn than eat it - not my fave at all - I'll stick with the chocolate.

Jennie said...

Oh, my goodness, I received this card (or one of them) today in the mail with my order from you. It is so stinkin' cute! Thanks for the card and extra goody :o) Also, I tried to sign up for the newsletter, but it said my email was already registered....so does that mean I am already in for a chance at the blog candy? Cool beanz, off to play with my new stamping stash!

Jill Cooper said...

super cute card! I love all the little guys!! :) I am about to go make a boys birthday card with my sub monthly special thing I got in from JJ :) Thanks by the way!! Loving all my goodies :)

Lisa H. said...

sooo cute, Manyd. stop it already! Halloween is almost over and I now really want those images! this is an awesome card.

Stacey Schafer said...

Darling card! This would even work for my Jewelry Color Inspiration Challenge! Hope you can participate in the challenge sometime:)

Anonymous said...

This is too cute!

Unknown said...

Adorable card, I really love it!

Jessica Lynn

Becky Carafa said...

This just makes me giggle! Too cute!