Wednesday, October 1, 2008

DESIGN TEAM CALL!! Could YOU be a Six Chick??

How would YOU like to be in the Limelight?? :)

We are now accepting applications for our second term of our design team! Applications are due by Wednesday, October 15, and I will announce the new design team here on the blog and on the site on Monday, October 20. We are only accepting design team members from the United States right now because we only ship within the United States. Here are the deets...

WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME AS A DESIGN TEAM MEMBER?
This is a three-month commitment, November 1, 2008 - January 31, 2009. Create at least the required number of cards, scrapbook pages, or projects per month using at least two products carried by Limelight Papercrafts. (The Limelight products should be the focus of your project.) Then, just post good-quality digital images to your blog and in online galleries, and talk up the store whenever and wherever you can! You would not need to send your creations to me, unless you just REALLY want to. You can use them for whatever you'd like.

There will be six total design team spots. I want to have fun with this, and the six ladies will be referred to as the "Six Chicks". Ever seen 13 Going on 30? If not, you NEED to! So cute! But I digress... The Six Chicks will be the driving force of the DT, and they will have the following obligations:
-1 "big" themed project per month. I will assign a themed project each month, and each DT member will create a project fitting the theme. For example, the themed project for November will be to create a Christmas ornament with either a matching card or box/bag.
-2 sketches per month. Yes, some months there will be three. But I would like each DT member to participate in the sketches.
-3 additional cards or projects per month.

There will also be a Monthly Guest Designer spot, which we've decided to call the "Seventh Six Chick." Now I know what you're thinking... That's mathematically impossible! (Sorry for all the 13 Going on 30 References... I do hope you've seen the movie and know what I'm talking about!) This person will participate in the sketches and the themed project only for the month they are chosen. I will choose monthly guest designer spots from applications received from this DT call (so don't lose heart if I don't pick you RIGHT NOW!!), blog/gallery discovery, and applications received after the deadline.


WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?

The compensation is set at a $20 store credit per month, 25% off of store purchases over that, and I also may send you a product or two (for free!) as needed to use in some projects.

The Seventh Six Chick (our Monthly Designer) will receive an assortment of products as well as a 25% discount for the month in which they serve.

HOW DO I APPLY?
E-mail good-quality digital images of four cards or scrapbook pages, PLUS one gift or decor project that you consider to be your best work to mandy@limelightpapercrafts.com. Please put "Design Team" in the subject line. Also include in your e-mail a list of any other design teams on which you are currently serving or have served in the past, as well as one paragraph (or so) telling me why you would like to serve on the Limelight Papercrafts design team! Also include your blog address. One more thing... Tell me where you are located! :)
*If you would really prefer to send in your application and cards/projects through the mail, let me know, and I will let you know where to send them. I will not return any projects or applications sent to me.

GOOD LUCK! Please feel free to post on your blogs or forums that I am holding this call! Post it wherever it's appropriate! :)

**Don't forget to CLICK HERE for details about our World Card Making Day games and GIVEAWAYS!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Wooo Hoooo! I'm first to post and I am SOOO there! LOL! I"m so excited at another opportunity! There is tough competition though.... you always make excellent choices!!

Unknown said...

Maybe the 2nd time's a charm? ;) lol. I hooked your info up on my blog, too! :)

Tiff said...

I remember you were talking about this DT call on SCS!!! I'm so glad I read your announcement! Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Tenia Nelson said...

Sounds like fun!!! I will give it a try!!! Hope all is well....

-t

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you have another one after this one!! I'm on a DT that doesn't allow us to be on any other ones at the same time (wish I'd seen that in writingn before accepting the DT call 'cause I had to turn others down!!), but I will definitely keep your blog in my google reader so I don't miss out if there's a next time in January or after!!!

Melzie said...

Okay-- I'll do a go of it again! Good luck everyone!