Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weddings with Limelight


Happy 6th! Today the Limelight Papercrafts Design Team is sharing wedding-themed projects with you... Accessories, gifts, cards...all things wedding! Be sure to check out each of our talented DT members to see what they've come up with!

I was asked to create a wedding guest book for a couple who got married yesterday at our church. The bride wanted something bound in a way that could be taken apart. She wanted to leave some of the pages at each entrance to the church, and then she wanted to be able to have it bound together. I picked up an 8.5x11 scrapbook from WalMart, and I literally tore it apart! I took off all of the decorative paper covering the front and back and pulled the pieces apart. I covered it with some simple white satin fabric. The front cover is puffed up by adding in some polyester batting. I wrapped a length of ribbon around the top of the front cover and secured it with some Fabri-Tac glue, which was instrumental in holding this project together. I tied a bow and added a Webster's Pages Bloomer in Petal to the center of the bow. I also added this Fabric Fancy because of its beautiful words... "One hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you." :)

My card for the happy couple is one of my dress cards. It's been a while since I've made one of these. :) I drew the pattern myself on a quarter sheet of cardstock, then traced and cut out the card. I stamped flowers from Lawn Fawn's Petite Florals set (pssst! Did you know we have NEW Lawn Fawn at Limelight??) in coral pink colors. I wrapped some white satin ribbon around the waist and then snipped two pieces to hang down, as a sash would. A single Webster's Pages Bloomer in Petal covers the ribbon at the side. No bride is complete without stunning jewelry, so I added some Kaisercraft Pearls to create a necklace.
I truly hope that my projects will inspire you to create something wonderful for a happy couple this summer. Be sure to visit each of our DT members' blogs to see what lovely creations they have come up with!

7 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Beautiful guess book and just love the dress card too. Great colors and just love the bling.

farmhouse-story said...

love the pearls and the bloomer-just adorable, mandy:)

Christi said...

This is so fun, Mandy! What a great idea! smiles....

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is gorgeous and I just adore that wedding dress card.

lisa a.

Jennie said...

This is beautiful Mandy! Great idea and I just love your dress shaped card...just perfect for this :o)

Lisa H. said...

Mandy! this is awesome, love the dress card. webster's pages look great.

~kelly marie~ said...

Love this dress card!