Thursday, June 17, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge #34


Happy Thursday, sweet friends! I am so excited to report that Limelight Papercrafts is again sponsoring The Play Date Cafe Challenge! Thanks so much for joining me today, and I hope you'll participate in being inspired by this BEAUTIFUL photo! The color story for this week is black and white with a POP of BLUE! (You can choose the shade of blue!) I cannot wait to see what you come up with!! :)
For my anniversary card, I used a white cardstock base and added on a layer of K & Company fabric! I picked up this package of fabric at Michael's the other day on clearance! :) A black strip of cardstock, puched with the SU Scalloped Border Punch was placed across the bottom of the card. I tied on some Wrinkled Ribbon that I made (I simply wet and scrunched up some seam binding because I wanted this to remain really WHITE) and layered on a fabric flower. I made this flower using the same K & Company fabric package (a different piece, obviously! haha!). I made the flower using the same method as I did on this card...using Rae Barthel's tutorial. I stamped the "happy anniversary" sentiment in Frost White ink using PTI's Fillable Frames 4 set. The sentiment was punched using an SU label punch and accented with Silver Rhinestones. I added a Making Memories black and white clip to the top of the fabric as well, to carry through with the black and white theme. The clips were also on clearance! 99 cents for EIGHT! :)
Be sure to visit The Play Date Cafe, link up your creation, and get entered to win a fabulous prize!! We are sending one lucky winner two bottles of Shimmerz Vibez Miniz (that's a lot of z's!)! We'll send Hot Fudge and Razzle Dazzle Berry. These will be in the store SOON at Limelight Papercrafts!

15 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

We can't thank you enough for being both our guest designer AND sponsor this week, Mandy.
Your card was a perfect example of 'color splash' and we hope your followers will come over and give it a try : )

Laurel said...

GORGEOUS card!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a pretty anniversary card, love that wrinkled ribbon. Great to have you as our sponsor at the PDCC this week.

Sarah Anderson said...

Those shimmerz sprays are such yummy colours and go together beautifully!
Love the fabric you found to use on your card, it look fab! And the wrinkled ribbon is wonderful :) Thanks for sponsoring us at the play date cafe :)

StampinCathy said...

This is one stunning and inspiring card. Love your take on this challenge and the prize is sweeet.

Unknown said...

Lovely card, Mandy! The fabric is perfect (and who doesn't love getting something on clearance?!) and your flower is wonderful! Thank you so much for returning as a guest designer and sponsor at the PDCC!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Oh, Mandy--this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! So crafty--love that blue shining through! And your flower! OHHHHHHHHHH! Just love love love it:)

Mandy--you are the best! Thank you so much for being part of the PDCC (as sponsor and GDT). YOU ROCK:)

Michele said...

Lovely card - the flower is fab!

Emily Keaton said...

This is beautiful, Mandy!! I just love your wrinkled ribbon and fabric flower. Thanks for the tip on the PDCC! I played along today.

Rose said...

stunning card!!! love the blue fabric :)

farmhouse-story said...

love your ribbon and flower, mandy-congrats on your guest spot:)

Jennie said...

So pretty Mandy and love that ribbon. Need to go check out this challenge now that we are back in town and things are put away. :o) I have missed stamping!

Kathy H said...

Lovely card!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous card! Love your splash of color! So happy that you are sponsoring our challenge this week and you are playing along with us as the guest designer!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely card Mandy! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello, I spent most of my week in New York this week, hasn't do much in terms of paper crafting, hope to get into action soon now that I am back in Vegas!