Friday, June 11, 2010

Moxie Fab Bicycle


Good morning! This is the first morning of summer for me, so I decided to begin by creating a card for some challenges. I was very excited about the I Want to Ride My Bicycle challenge on Moxie Fab World. I recently purchased the Everyday Button Bits stamp set from PTI, so I knew just the bicycle to use. :) I hope you'll play along with this challenge, too...what a great theme with which to start summer. :)
I used CPS Sketch 67 for this card; it's such a great sketch!! I used a Berry Sorbet card base, and added two Lemon tart pieces to the top and bottom. I embossed those Lemon Tart pieces with the Sunshine embossing plate from PTI. I layered some Berry Sorbet Ribbon and Buttons onto that. For the focal image, I stamped my bicycle in black onto white cardstock. I colored selected areas with a black Koh-i-noor pencil, and I painted the rest using a coral SU Watercolor Wonder Crayon. The black buttons were added on and accented with Silver Rhinestones. I think they kind of look like spoke decorations. :) I stamped the sentiment in Berry Sorbet. Two pieces of Swiss Dot Lemon Tart Ribbon accent the side.
I hope you have a fabulous day! Thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget to enter our sketch challenge!!

13 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

awesome card, don't u just love that pti set?? I'm gonna be doing this challenge too, still percolating ideas... hugs

Ann said...

I'm gonna use that set for this challenge, too! Love the colors on this one!

StampinCathy said...

This is so cute. Love how you used buttons for the wheels. Great layout and love the colors.

Maria Matter said...

Adorable, love the buttons!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Rachel said...

I love the buttons for wheels! Darling! Great colors too!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH Mandy--this is simply too cute:) I LOVE the gems in the wheels:) I also love the color combo--it would have been perfect for our PDCC challenge last week! LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Limelight;)

**I'm back from vaca--and ready to make an order...I just have to clear it with the hubs;) LOVE LOVE LOVE Limelight;)

dstandard said...

Loving it! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Banu said...

Beautiful card.

Ryann said...

Ooh Mandy, love this! What a fun ribbon/button combo!

Maureen Merritt said...

I love how you used the bicycle on this card. I have this set and have never inked up the bike, I'm always at a loss with it!! I'm going to have to give it a try!! The rhinestones on the wheels are just the icing on the cake, what a great touch :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Mandy! Thanks for entering the I Want to Ride My Bicycle challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Jess said...

Cute card! Love the button details!