Thursday, June 3, 2010

Play Date Cafe #32


Happy Thursday, everyone! Limelight Papercrafts is sponsoring Play Date Cafe this week, and the colors are SO beautiful that I'm SURE you'll want to join in! The colors are lemon, pale peach, and peach (anything you have in those shades will be wonderful!). I immediately thought of my Webster's Pages!

My card features a Melon Berry base, and I layered on a strip of Webster's Pages across the middle. I then added one of the fabulous Life's Portrait Fabric Fancies for the main focus/sentiment. I accented with some Petal Bloomers. If you look carefully, you'll notice that I used some PTI distressing inks (Vintage Touch Tea Dye) to distress the fabric and flowers a little. I also added some Pearls to the centers of the roses, and Diamond Stickles around the edges.


Be sure to visit The Play Date Cafe, link up your creation, and get entered to win a fabulous prize!! We are sending one lucky winner Lawn Fawn's How Delightful stamp set & a package of Jillibean Soup Canvas Flowers in Red Polkas!

10 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Mandy....It's so great to have you as our sponsor this week at The Play Date Cafe and we are totally looking forward to having you as our guest designer soon, too!
Beautiful card and a perfect interpretation of this week's colors : )

StampinCathy said...

This is so pretty and just love your take on this challenge.

farmhouse-story said...

love what you did with the bloomers!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Mandy--this card is SUPER FAB! I love the papers--and the flowers---and the main focus/sentiment is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE it:) You are amazing! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the PDCC:) And thanks so much for sponsoring us! You are super generous! I LOVE LIMELIGHT:)

Jennie said...

So soft and pretty Mandy. I also used Webster's and was wishing I had that color Bloomer...knew it would be perfect and on your card it is :o) Have a great day!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you put the flowers together! So happy to have you sponsoring and joinging in on the challenge over at the PDCC this week!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So soft and pretty!

Lisa H. said...

sooo sweet! love the softness of your card.

Anonymous said...

It's just gorgeous Girl!

Rose said...

this is beautiful girl :) love the papers and those flowers!!