Monday, June 14, 2010

Birthday Balloons



Good morning, friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend, and are having a great start to your new week! We had a busy weekend here, but a fun one! We participated in Relay for Life (an event to raise money for the American Cancer Society), celebrated a friend's birthday, tailgated at the graduation of a teen in our youth group, and had dinner with some wonderful friends! My husband was nice enough to take the kids out and let me have some crafting time Saturday night, too. :)

One of the cards I made is this one here. I used a Hawaiian Shores base (I love turquoise in the summer!). I used the PTI set Everyday Button Bits for the balloon image, and I added on some cute buttons for the actual balloons! I wrapped some Natural Burlap String (back in stock soon!) around the card and tied it in a bow where the balloons are tied together. The "happy" and "birthday" words are from the Get to the Point Additions set. I stamped the "happy" directly on the paper, and I stamped "birthday" on a piece of Orange Zest cardstock. I added an Aquamarine rhinestone and v-cut the edge.

I'll be back soon with the Sketch 49 winner! You still have a little time to link to your beautiful creation! :)

9 comments:

Karen B. said...

Kudos to you for participating in Relay for Life, I think that is one of the best causes out there. And fun card, I really enjoy the vcut edge, draws your eye right to those balloons.

Laurel said...

Beautiful card! I love that burlap string!

Janice said...

Love this Mandy!

StampinCathy said...

This is so cute. I just love how you used the buttons.

Kerry said...

I love those button balloons and that turquoise is fabulous! Sounds like a fun filled weekend! :)

Jennie said...

Love the way you used the Burlap string on this. Fab design and colors.

Anonymous said...

Cute very cute! :)

farmhouse-story said...

you had a busy, but productive weekend! mandy, this fits splitcoasts challenge today, CAS71-up in the air, if your interested:)

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys could come to David's party. I love his bday card. :) - Jaime