Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sketch Challenge 27: Paint!



**Post 3 of 3 for today!**
Here we are at another Limelight Sketch and Product challenge!! Can you believe how much is going on today? We have a brand new product release (Pink Cat Studio's Fairy Friends stamp set!), the back to school projects, AND a sketch challenge! What a FUN day!!! I created my card for one of the boys in our youth group. Teenage boys love glitter and rhinestones, right? And cupcakes? Well, YES. They DO love cupcakes. Ha. ;)

Do you see that PRETTY shimmer on my cupcake?? It's the NEW Tickle Me Turquoise Shimmerz! I didn't even have to color my image. The paint took care of color AND sparkle in one easy step. Love that! :)

Stamps: Cupcake Numbers Perfectly Clear Set (Stampendous). Paper: Awesome Aqua (WorldWin double-sided), Cupcake Invitation, Basic Black, Old Olive, GP White. Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black, Taken With Teal. Accessories: Tickle Me Turquoise Shimmerz, Pixie Dust Shimmerz (on the candle flames), Island Lagoon Rhinestones, Circle Punches.


The Details:
**Use the sketch above and dress it up with PAINT!! Shimmerz, watercolors, craft paint...whatever ya got!
**Key word for SCS upload is LLPC027
**Post a comment with a link to your card right here on this post by Sunday, August 9, at midnight (or before winner is drawn Monday a.m.).
**PRIZE ~
One jar of Shimmerz paint AND one bottle of Shimmerz Spritz of the winner's choice! (Winner is chosen randomly from all participants.)

17 comments:

Amy said...

So Stinkin' cute Mandy!! Love it!

Nikki Tanner (NCSUnikki) said...

How cute is that?!? Love it Mandy...it's been a busy summer, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.... Maybe I'll start by trying to think of something fantastic for this sketch!

Leah l'Orange said...

didn't go too crazy with the paint on this, but managed to find a little chrome frame for my sentiment and made it green for the occasion. :) thanks for the challenge - had fun with the sketch!

HERE'S MY CARD!

i love the one that Mandy posted - that Junebug paper is just DELISH!

Cat said...

LOVE the Shimmwez on that cupcake!
Perfect! Your back to school projects are just too cute! I had fun with this sketch.

here is my card

Janice M said...

Love your Shimmerz cupcake!! This was a fun sketch, I only have angel wings shimmerez so I went with water coloring for my challenge card. Thanks Mandy this was fun!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1438887?&cat=500&ppuser=116312

Jennie said...

This was a great sketch! I don't have any paint I used Copics and made it glisten by embossing it with Clear EP. Here is mine:
http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/blessed-3?context=user

Thanks Mandy!!!

Susan said...

Here's my card, Mandy! I somehow forgot about the paint in my excitement to use my new Unity stamp. I did use Copics for the bud...hope this counts...

I'm off to check out the new birdie Unity stamps. Thanks again for the sentiment and those StarWars stamps on the package have gone into my stash!!! Nothing wasted

Susan said...

it would help to have a link, ugh???!!!

http://wwwone4joydaily.blogspot.com/2009/08/risk.html

Tami Grandi said...

Here's mine- so much fun ( love my shimmerz)

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1439550?&cat=500&ppuser=49592

ineke said...

Here is my Entry
i painted my bees with watercoloring..

Lori said...

Great sketch!!! Here is my card: http://smilingwhilestamping.blogspot.com/2009/08/garden-friend.html

Carrie said...

This is my first time participating. It was so much fun. Thank you Mandy! I plan to do many more. Here is mine. I used celery shimmerz on the leaves and grass and coffee shimmerz on the coconuts.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1440302?&cat=500&ppuser=192552

Ashley Newell said...

Here's my try at this. I used gold Shimmerz Blingz on the bee.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1440492

Ravengirl said...

Love this sketch Mandy!!! I had a try at it, and this time I stuck to the sketch ;) Here is my card. I used my Angel Wingz Shimmerz to paint the tops of the flowers and the panel separating the two patterned papers.

Katy said...

Here's mine. LOVE my Shimmerz! :)

Maggie said...

Thanks for a fun sketch again....and great eye candy with the cupcake (never thought to paint on the frosting....hmmmm....). Here's my card for the sketch:
http://stampsinhallways.blogspot.com/2009/08/wish.html

Ann said...

Super cute card, Mandy! Boy, did I ever have fun with this challenge:
http://creativeantics.blogspot.com/2009/08/painted-flower.html