Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back to School - Limelight Style!



**Post 1 of 3 Today!!**
It is the sixth of the month, so our fabulous design team has a special challenge to present for you! This month, we created projects with a back-to-school theme. Our team has created gifts for either a student OR a teacher heading back!

My project is a gift set I made for ME! That's right, I'll be heading back to teaching in a couple of weeks here, and I needed a few things for my classroom. I made a candy jar and a pencil holder for my desk! As you can see, the pair features the Cherry Hill paper collection from October Afternoon! Who knew that these would be PERFECT for back to school projects?!? The apples and the dictionary pages are too cool for teachers!

I really enjoyed the ease and coordination of the Cherry Hill Die Cut Shapes. Add a little Diamond Stickles and pop up on dimensionals, and you've got a cute jar! The jar is a used jar of snacks from Target (Archer Farms brand).


Of course no stamper could leave that lid completely plain... I used Riding Hood Red Ink around the edges, bronze rhinestones for accent, and a Cherry Hill Hens in the Cupboard rub-on for the center!

Wanna see what's inside the treat jar?


Mmm....Candy....

For my pencil holder, I used the new Kaisercraft Table Tidy. Isn't it the perfect desktop solution?? A price tag of $4.89 makes them a great choice for gifts and personal penholders. Or craft supply holders...heehee! I covered mine with Cherry Hill patterned paper (Mono Liquid Aqua Glue works well for adhering the paper to the Tidy), inked the edges with an Orchid ColorBox Cat's Eye (only $1 right now at Limelight!!), and tied Black Satin Ribbon around the box. Of course, this gorgeous butterfly makes the project here. I did also ink the letters for my name in the same Orchid ink. The letters are the White Chocolate Piper Chip Alpha letters from Basic Grey!


Be sure to check out ALL of the projects created by our lovely design team! Click the links to their blogs along my right sidebar!

5 comments:

Ann said...

These are so cute, Mandy! But don't remind me that school's about to start--eeeek!!! I haven't started lesson plans yet!

de said...

Great projects Mandy! Love what you did!

Lisa H. said...

ooooo, LOVE it Mandy and I'm so glad you did something for yourself. cute, stuff girlie!!! I have a feeling lots of us used that paper, IT is SO perfect for our school theme. tfs!

Ryann said...

aww I love your pink pencil holder and your candy jar is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love your projects!!!! That pencil holder is gorgeous! Thanks again for having me this month :)