Saturday, August 15, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge #49


I decided to play along with the Etsy Inspired challenge this week. I LOVE doing challenges/ following sketches because they can really be a great way to get the creative juices flowing! This week, MelissaKate is the featured store. WOW, what gorgeous stuff the girl's got in her store!

I created a card based on this inspiration from MelissaKate's shop:

I really loved the simplicity of the design and the sentiment split by the focal image! Isn't that clever? ;) I did a little something extra on my card, however. I FINALLY succeeded at sewing on a card! Woot woot! I am SO excited about this, as I have been trying to sew for...ahem....years. That's right. A long time! But I am pretty happy with how it turned out, and my sweet husband even was genuinely wowed by the look of the sewing. Love that!

Anyway, hope you like my card! Be sure to come back tomorrow for more cards and a GIVEAWAY! :)

Stamps: Mix Up of Cuteness (Unity). Paper: SU Kraft, Riding Hood Red. Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black. Accessories: Koh-i-noor Pencils, Glossy Accents, Coconut Pixee Stix Glitter, Pop It! Dots, Sewing Machine!! ;)

8 comments:

Susan said...

oh, Mandy, I love your take on the Etsy, I think even BETTER than the original!!! Way to go

Kerry said...

Really cute card Mandy! I wish I could sew like that! :)

Ann said...

Such a cute card, Mandy! And woohoo for giveaways! :D

de said...

Awww this is amazing Mandy! Thanks so much for playing the EtsyInpired challenge!

Lorie said...

That is adorable Mandy! LOVE it!

Cat said...

Love how you were inspired by the logo! The stitching is a nice touch!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! Look at that stitching!!!! It packs a punch! LOVE IT!

Ashley Newell said...

This is so cute Mandy! I love the image and how sparkly it is! I really like your stitching too! I have got to get me a sewing machine! Thanks so much for taking the time to play the EtsyInspired challenge this week! It means a lot to me! Also, I really think you're so sweet to help spread the word on your blog!