Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dutch Dare Card Challenge is IN THE LIMELIGHT!

***THIS IS MY SECOND POST TODAY...SCROLL DOWN TO THE NEXT POST FOR THE LIMELIGHT SKETCH AND PRODUCT CHALLENGE!!***

That's right Limelight Papercrafts is sponsoring this week's Dutch Dare Card Challenge!! I'm posting the details HERE, but you are going to want to post your link to your card HERE ON THE DUTCH DARE BLOG!

Our challenge to you is to create a love-themed card...perhaps for Valentine's Day! The catch? You CANNOT use traditional Valentine's Day colors.... No reds or pinks! I know, ACK!! I have created two cards as samples for you. The first card at the top is a Valentine's Day card for my husband! Yep, I've gotten it done EARLY! :) I used the retired SU set Mixed Bouquet for the main image. I LOVE those flowers!! :) I took this second, tilted photo to try to show the Pixie Dust Shimmerz I painted onto the daisy centers and some of the little buds. Love that sparkle!

Stamps: Mixed Bouquet (SU), Simply Said (Unity). Paper: Limeade Canvas, Beetle Black Criss Cross, GP White, Petallics Silver Ore. Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black, Cat's Eye Pistachio, Cat's Eye Chalk Prussian Blue, Cat's Eye Silver, Cat's Eye Chalk Wisteria. Accessories: Yellow Rhinestones, Raven Tulle, Pixie Dust Shimmerz.

I couldn't help but make a SECOND card!! :) I actually used the sketch from the Limelight Sketch and Product Challenge that was issued today! So I combined the sketch with the Dutch Dare non-traditional V-Day colors challenge! And I LOVE how it turned out. Love that black and turquoise. Urban Prairie is HANDS-DOWN my favorite paper line right now.

Stamps: Goody-Goody Gumdrops (SU hostess set). Paper: Beetle Black Criss Cross, WNP Pool, BG Urban Prairie. Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black. Accessories: SU retired folk heart punch, Coluzzle oval template, Mint Green Rhinestones, Acetate, Pop-It Circles.

One lucky winner of the challenge will win the Unity Stamp Co. Delectable Delights stamp set AND a Raspberry Pixee Stix glitter tube from Limelight Papercrafts! Can't wait to see what you come up with!! :)

7 comments:

Lee said...

You are just amazing Mandy!!! I love the tulle on that first card!! And another fun and pretty acetate card!! I've got to get my acetate out and try using it some more!!

Lisa H. said...

love them both! great colors, too! I miss that set, mixed bouquet, I should get it out. yours looks great!

JenMarie said...

WOW ~ These are FABULOUS!!!

Becky Carafa said...

Love the tulle, and this is just so pretty!

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Love them both, so fun!!! Can I just say I HAVE to HAVE that stamp set, oh my! So "sweet". :-)

Alex said...

OOoh, these are AMAZING, Mandy - just love them!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kristen said...

Great cards Mandy. I LOVE...the acetate. It gives such a wonderful look!