Friday, February 6, 2009

Amy's V-Day Gift


It's the 6th of the month ~ that means the Limelight Papercrafts Chicks have a project to share!

This month our challenge was to create A Valentine's Day Gift and Card you can give to a Friend. And I'm going to let you in on a dirty little secret. I cheated! ;) I designed my sketch card I showed yesterday to match this project instead of making a separate card for it. So you'll be seeing that one again! I made my gift for my sweet friend Amy! I knew she would love to receive this, and she means the world to me! We all have friends like that, right? So I hope we inspire you today to make some gifts to tell those wonderful people in our lives how much they mean to us!

I embellished one of our Waste Not Paper White Pocketbook Boxes to hold a couple of Valentine's Day cookie sandwiches. I used a few pieces of BG Urban Prairie paper scraps and tied some Pink Sheer Heart Edge Ribbon around the top (isn't that ribbon to DIE for!?!?) I also tied some of the same ribbon around the top of the cellophane bag holding the cookies. Like the pocketbook box?? They are available in our new CLEARANCE section at the store! And let me tell you, NOW is the time to be stocking up on CARDSTOCK of all types! All of our Bazzill, DoubleMates (Worldwin), and Waste Not Paper cardstocks are 30-50% off!!

Now...about the COOKIES! My mom and I used to make these every year at Valentine's Day. We'd simply buy refrigerated sugar cookie dough and a tub of strawberry cream cheese frosting. (Nowadays I normally make my favorite from-scratch sugar cookie dough and frosting, but not this time!!) You roll out the dough and cut out a medium-sized heart shape. On half of the heart-shaped cookies, you will use a smaller heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the middle. This will form the "window" to the pink frosting! (HINT: I find it preserves the shape to transfer the cookies to the cookie sheet after the first, medium-sized, heart. THEN you can cut the smaller heart directly out of the cookie while it is on the cookie sheet.) After the cookies are baked, you will frost the solid heart with your pink frosting and then set a heart "window" cookie on top to form the sandwich. The only modification these days? My son INSISTS upon adding sprinkles!! :)


I hope you'll enjoy visiting each of the design team members' blogs today... They have some WOW projects up for YOU! :) Click on the links to their blogs in my sidebar!

Also, have some time for some challenges?? Limelight Papercrafts has issued another Sketch and Product Challenge! And...we are sponsoring the Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week! Click on the links for details... and to see what prizes are being offered up!

11 comments:

Lisa H. said...

Oh, my cookie! I would LOVE one of those. YUMMY! Oh, and you know I love the card and the box to go along with it is just as adorable. great work Mandy!

JenMarie said...

Oh...cute, cute, cute!
Adorable cookies!!

Lorie said...

Oh, Mandy...what a fun idea and that box...fabulous! Great job!

Becky Carafa said...

That cookie looks scrumptious! What a cute holder too, great project, she'll love it. Oh, and you didn't cheat, you were efficient, lol!

Ashley Newell said...

Mandy! What a wonderful gift! I would love it and I'm sure your friend will too! Those cookies look awesome!

Ryann said...

What a great gift Mandy! I love the box and cookies look so good! I'm with the kiddo - gotta have sprinkles!

Kristen said...

Mandy, What a great gift for your friend. The cookie looks Sooo Yummy.

Lee said...

Ohhh simply DEEEElish!!!! I love that box...and thanks for the tip on making the adorable window for the frosting!!! I am now craving cookies!! LOL

Carla said...

Mandy, I am SO glad I popped into the SCS blog thread this morning! I love your blog! I've had so much fun going through your posts! I love your work-have a terrific day!!

Kim said...

What a very cute project!

Melody said...

Great gift! The little bag is so cute. The cookies look yummy!