Saturday, April 19, 2008

Earth Day Extravaganza: Organic Stamping!

All right! Is everyone ready for a CHALLENGE! We are all Earth Day'ed up here in the Cheshire household! We went to the Matthews Farmer's Market early this morning (one of my FAVORITE things to do!) and picked up some organic Bordeaux spinach. We went to an Earth Day event at a local municipal park with the kids. And now I am posting my Earth Day Extravaganza challenge!

My challenge is Organic Stamping. This means that you will be challenged to use FOOD in your stamping! That's right! You can use coffee grinds to create a stain for a background... You can
use potatoes to make stamps to be used in your stamping... The sky's the limit! Use whatever kind of foods YOU would like to incorporate! No, you are not required to actually use organic foods in your entries!! ;)

I have made a couple of cards to give you some other ideas to creatively use food in your
stamping...
For this first card I used a halved lemon and painted it with black scrapbooking paint. I stamped it onto some Barely Banana card stock to create the background for this card. Very cool effect, I think. ;)













For this card, you can't SEE the food I used, but you can sure SMELL it! I embossed these cupcakes (in gradually darker shades of pink!) with a sugar-free strawberry kiwi-flavored drink mix. You mix clear (or in this case Iridescent Ice) embossing powder with an equal part of the sugar-free drink mix (sugar-free is VERY important...the heated sugar in regular drink mixes will caramelize and become very sticky...Yes, I know from experience!) and emboss with the mixture!






So, what can YOU come up with? Remember, after making your wonderful creations, to post a comment to THIS blog entry with a link to your card either on your blog or in the justjohanna gallery. You have until Sunday night at midnight (technically 12:00 a.m. Monday) to complete the challenge and leave your comment! I will draw a winner to win this totally super-cute stamp:









And don't forget, everyone who plays in any (or all!) of the challenges will be entered to win grand prizes!
  • one winner will receive $250 in justjohanna stamps
  • one winner will receive $50 in justjohanna stamps
  • five winners will receive a 25% discount coupon when they place a justjohanna order
Also please go to the justjohanna forum for a list of all of the Earth Day challenges. New challenges will be added as the day goes on!

8 comments:

Godelieve said...

Wow, another great challenge, and fantastic samples!

Tania said...

Thank you for this great challenge!
I used a spirelli pasta for my participation. Please take a look at my blog

andrea said...

very c o o l challenges! i love the idea of the drink mix on your card, very creative! i always like scratch n sniff stickers when I was a kid and it reminds me of that!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very interesting challenge. I'm on my way to the pantry to see what I can come up with!

Kim Faucher said...

Mandy, this was awesome... I included the kids and we had a blast!

here ismy card


http://www.time2stamp.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1955&cat=599

Kim Faucher

emi(rubita) said...

Hi! Manday
Thank you for your splendid theme and sample.
My challenge is here.

http://stamp-room-r.blogspot.com/2008/04/justjohanna-earth-day-challenge_5847.html

emilia in Taiwan said...

this is cool... very organic!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Here's Mine!
Thank you for a great challenge!
http://andisperfectgravy.blogspot.com/2008/04/jj-challenge-organic-stamping.html