Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...


Oh, yes. Our Christmas tree went up on Monday night this week. Monday. Usually it is Drew who wants to decorate for Christmas in, oh, August. We actually pick on him for it. But I've been the one itching to decorate and do Christmasy things for a while this year! I think it is because our baby girl is due January 1, and I want to really enjoy the season and do all the things I'd like to do...even if she is early. We decided to do all the fun, bright, crazy colors on the tree this year. I think it turned out pretty cute! We both like it, and it makes us happy! I think Cameron likes it, too...maybe that's why he keeps messing with the tree. ;) You should have seen him trying to "help" us put the ornaments on. He would go and get the ball ornaments out of the package (BEFORE they had hooks on them!) and threw them into the tree! It was pretty funny.


I made an ornament, too! This one is like the ones Emily Giovanni posted on her blog at http://www.emilygiovanni.com/. All you do is punch patterned paper with the scallop punch, fold them, and glue them together! So easy! I would like to try to do a stamped image on cardstock in the next few days! This ornament was made with some penguin paper I had leftovers of (I'm not sure who makes it - sorry!). I added some Crystal Stickles to accent the bellies of the penguins. Black sheer polka dot ribbon finishes it off.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

cute ornaments... and great tree... ours goes up next weekend.

Heather Grow said...

Wow, Mandy. You really have the Christmas spririt. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your cards and things.