Doesn't that have a fun ring to it? Hee hee! Well, happy March, friends! Did you know that March is NATIONAL CRAFT MONTH
? How fun is that?? How will you celebrate? ;)
Here at Limelight, we are bringing you weekly "Craft Along" sessions with our DT members! These Craft Alongs are really simple tutorials in which we will show you how to make something using supplies you likely already have on hand! We would love to share and showcase the projects you make using our tutorials, too! Be sure to link your creations to the tutorial posts for us to see and brag on! There might be a few prizes here and there, too! :)
OK! I have the first tutorial this month, and I'll be showing you how to make Ribbon & Button Loop Flowers
. These are easy, fun to make, and the perfect addition to many cards, scrapbook pages, and projects! As another note, the sketch for my card came from the Card Positioning Systems blog
this week!MATERIALS NEEDED:
- About 1 yard of Ribbon (depending on how big your flower will be) - I used Fuchsia Wrinkled Ribbon. :) Fun stuff!
- Glue Dots
- Button (most likely, you want it to be about an inch in diameter)
1. First, you will need to cut twelve lengths of ribbon. For the size I wanted, I measured 2.5" lengths.
2. Next, seal the two ends of each ribbon with a glue dot. This will make the "petals" for your flower. Glue dots really make this project a cinch!
3. Place a second glue dot on each ribbon loop. Position the glue dot on one side of the snipped ends (snipped when you cut your 2.5" lengths...). This glue dot will hold the petals onto your button.
Below is a picture showing the attached petals. Note that any button twine (or in my case, ribbon) added to the center of the button should be done BEFORE adding the ribbon petals!
4. Continue adding the petals until your flower is complete.
YOUR TURN! Show us YOUR ribbon flowers, and someone will win 2 yards of ribbon and a handful of buttons! Leave your comment by Thursday, March 4, to be eligible to win! If you leave a comment, you'll receive 1 entry for the prize. If you create a flower, you'll receive 3 entries! :)
*Edited to change entry deadline to Thursday! :)