Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sketch 47: FLOWERS!


Happy Thursday, friends! I am sooooooooooo glad it's Thursday! It's sketch day....AND.... tomorrow's Friday! LOL! I don't know about you, but we need a weekend around here! :) I hope you are having a fabulous week, and I hope you have a little crafting time to join in the sketchy fun around here this weekend!

We've set up the DT sketch cards in a blog hop format, as suggested by one of our sketch followers and participants. What a GREAT idea! We hope that this helps keep things nice and organized for you. You are at the first stop on the hop. Hope you enjoy the view. ;)

I started with a kraft card base and added on a layer of Jillibean Soup Head of Cabbage patterned paper (the birdhouses!). I accented my scallops with Deep Yellow Kaisercraft Rhinestones. I also added a rhinestone in the "o" of my sentiment, from the May Unity store kit. Sorry the sentiment seems so hard to see. It's not that hard to see in real life! Yikes! I used the reverse side of this paper (the brown argyle-ish print) to run across the bottom of the main focal paper. Around the argyle is a length of Yellow Wrinkle Ribbon tied in a bow. I added a Brown Canvas Flower (back in stock shortly) to the center of the bow, and here is where I tried to get creative! I punched a bird (using an SU bird punch...not sure of the name??) from cardstock and added a mixture of Lemonade Yellow Fun Flock and Silver Ultrafine glitter for some soft, sparkly "feathers". The bird's wing is lined in some small Split Pea rhinestones to help him really stand out and shine.




Tag. You're it! :)
The Deets:
**Use the sketch above and try to incorporate your favorite FLOWERS!!
**Key word for SCS upload is LLPC047.
**Post a comment with a link to your card right here on the challenge post by Sunday, May 16, at midnight (or before winner is drawn Monday).
**PRIZE ~ One lucky winner will receive a package of Prima flowers of their choice!!

From here, please CLICK HERE and visit the lovely Christi Snow's blog for more sketchy inspiration!!

32 comments:

JenMarie said...

Oh how CUTE, love your blingy birdie!

farmhouse-story said...

me, too, mandy-love your bling and the yellow with the kraft:)

Christi said...

This is so pretty, Mandy! I love all those touches of yellow! smiles....

Lisa H. said...

oh, Mandy this is full of fabulousness! wow! that yellow, the birdie and the canvas flower-gorgeous combo! nice work.

Jennie said...

Very pretty Mandy! Love the pop of yellow and the bird is fabulous with this :o)

StampinCathy said...

Love this sketch and your card is gorgeous.

Janice said...

Too bad I have to work today! Love your card, love the sketch and can't wait to play!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! I love that bird! :)

Liz said...

Love the colors and the stamp set yummny thx for the hop and inspiration

Rose said...

Mandy what a FUN (and easy) way to see the DT cards!!! your card is cute cute cute!! off to post my card now....

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Mandy--this is SOOOOOOOOO beautiful! LOVE this sketch--gotta think of my fav flower to use:) Can't wait!

Rose said...

Mandy this is one sketch I am going to use a lot!! my card is HERE

Sherry Eckblad said...

Fabulous sketch once again Mandy. Here is my card.

http://buttonjunkie.blogspot.com/2010/05/more-delovely.html

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Your card is adorable and I LOVE this sketch, Mandy! :)

Allison Rankin said...

Thanks for the inspiration...I will use this sketch again! http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/2010/05/eonac17-brads-galore.html

And your card here with the printed text paper and birdie is so inventive!

Janice M said...

Very pretty Mandy! I like how you added the bird on the flower! Fun sketch Here's my card

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

LOVED this sketch!
My Card

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is a beautiful sketch!

Here's my card -
http://handmade-little-things.blogspot.com/2010/05/limelight-paper-crafts-challenge.html

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, what a fun sketch, Mandy!! I was able to pull out some great Basic Grey cupcake goodies that I ordered from Limelight a couple of months ago to showcase along with this sketch (and a ribbon and button loop flower I learned here a while back, too!). Thanks for a fun morning of papercrafting!

Inspired Cupcakes

Janice said...

Finally got to my card, chose the ONE you like best ~~~with or without the bird.

Tami Grandi said...

Here you go :)

http://journeyoflifetamijo.blogspot.com/2010/05/believe.html

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Hope I'm not too late:)

Here is the front--http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1704015?&cat=500&ppuser=233956

Here is the inside--http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1704016?&cat=500&ppuser=233956

I used the flowers from Faith Blooms--they are my fav new flower stamps:) Super cute! And I used them as my scallops....I wanted CAS--and this was anything but easy to paper piece;) Hope you are doing well! FYI:: I will feature this card later today on my blog--I was running out of time to post it for the challenge. So no worries:) I will link to your site;) Love, Sav

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Here is the link to my post--I got it up today! HOOORAY!

http://savannahland2.blogspot.com/2010/05/colourq-ebtks-limelight-and-city.html

Thanks so much!

Emily Keaton said...

I just loved this sketch, so I had to make another card!! I combined this with the EtsyInspired challenge, too. So glad you are sponsoring that one, Mandy!! I'm trying it for the first time, thanks to you. Here's my card:

Jeweled Joy

StampinCathy said...

Here's my Card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1704231?&cat=500&ppuser=66979

Lisa Voerg said...

Mandy, Cute card and I love the bird. So sweet! Here is my card for the challenge.
http://mimiggallery.blogspot.com/2010/05/wishing-you-happy-birthday.html
I loved the sketch.

Ravengirl said...

Hooray, I got to play today :)

Here is my card.

Leah l'Orange said...

BIG fan of the artsy feel to your card, Mandy, and that little bird!! adorable!

i had fun with the sketch, too! loved combining a cut from my fave floral paper, plus some scraps! thanks for the inspiration - HERE'S MY CARD. :)

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute Mandy! I love it!

Here's my card: http://hearthugsdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/05/super-late-post.html

Mandy said...

your card is super cute!!! love the little bird.

i decided to do a scrapbook page this time around!


thanks for the challenge!

Kevin Renz said...

Hiya Mandy! Just made it in the nick of time...

Click Here

Ruby said...

Hi Mandy. I missed the deadline for the challenge, but just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration!

Your sketch is fab!