Friday, May 14, 2010

Fabulous Pantry...and Cookies!


Okay, this is, like, the WORST picture ever. Ever. But I wanted to share something crafty with you today and this is all I have! (The card has already been given away!) I am LOVING the wrinkle ribbon from MemrieMare's shop. This is the Cherub Blush, and it's so much fun! Very vintage-y and feminine...both totally in right now. I used Nook and Pantry papers and Pops stickers for this card. Nook & Pantry was featured in several cards in the most recent Paper Crafts magazine. :) Love those papers! The natural crochet trim above my wrinkled ribbon is from Limelight. The sentiment is from a previous Unity store kit...love it. ;) The flowers layered behind the Pops are die cut from the Simple Flower Embosslits (SU). If you notice the little pink epoxy dots in the centers, those are Pink Droplets. I love Droplets. ;) It's just fun to say. Droplets.

I also HAVE to share a good, CLEAN cookie recipe that I tried and fell in LOVE with last night! See, I definitely try my best to eat clean, but it's hard to find decent dessert recipes. And I LOVE my desserts! ;) I have a crockpot carrot cake recipe (made with spelt flour!!) that's pretty decent, but that's kinda it. And it's not even exactly like carrot cake. I saw a recipe on the Clean Eating Magazine website that I KNEW I had to try when I saw it. Chocolaty Goodness Cookies? That got my attention... And so I made them last night. My opinion? Chocolaty Goodness, indeed! They taste kinda like a brownie or even a chocolate lava cake to me! They are really chewy and fudgy. And the cool thing is that they have no refined sugar (you can get Sucanat, or dehydrated cane juice-Sucanat is a compilation of SUgar CAne NATural, at your health food store or even Trader Joe's), no egg yolks, and no FLOUR! Trust me, try these and you're sure to love them! The only thing I must say is that it was hard for me to find the arrowroot powder. I got mine at Earth Fare, our local healthy supermarket. I am unsure if there would be a substitute for that, but it's a starch....

CHOCOLATY GOODNESS COOKIES

INGREDIENTS:

  • Olive oil cooking spray
  • 6 oz dark bittersweet chocolate, broken up
  • 3 large egg whites
  • 1 1/2 cups Sucanat, divided
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 4 1/2 tsp arrowroot powder
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly mist 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
  2. Place chocolate in a microwavable bowl and heat on high until chocolate melts, approximately 2 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Set aside to cool slightly.
  3. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1 cup Sucanat and continue beating until mixture appears creamy. Add vanilla.
  4. In a separate small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup Sucanat, cocoa and arrowroot powder, then beat into egg whites on low speed.
  5. Stir in warm chocolate and continue stirring gently until mixture thickens.
  6. Place rounded tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Cool on sheet pans for an additional 10 minutes before transferring to racks to cool completely.

**Remember! Tonight is the end of the Delovely GIVEAWAY here on my blog! Enter your comments in by this evening! I'll draw a winner late tonight. Share about the giveaway on Facebook, Twitter, or by talking to friends, and you'll get to post TWO entries!!

**Also remember to join in for our Sketch and Product Challenge this week! Pull out your favorite FLOWERS and follow our sketch to create something wonderful! :)

5 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Beautiful card and those cookies look fabulous.

Rose said...

pretty card love the ribbon :) the cookies look yummy!!!

JenMarie said...

This is gorgeous!
OMGosh, those cookies look heavenly!

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! These look yummy!

Dana said...

Looks Sweet!!!