Saturday, March 22, 2008

Gone Fishin'... ;)

Okay, wanna see something REALLY cool? I thought you might, so I'm going to share an idea I had with you! Every time we go to Concord Mills Mall, which is about 45 minutes away from where we live, we HAVE to take Cameron to the huge fish aquarium at Bass Pro Shops. I often wander over to the tackle box section of the store, which is right next to the aquarium. I kept thinking, I should buy some of these tackle boxes because they would be lots of fun to alter and give as gifts! They are clear and have little compartments...perfect for treats and small gifts! Well, I finally did it. I bought three boxes, small ones, because I had a really cute idea for them!

It made sense to me to fill these with Swedish Fish! My husband contributed the (better) idea to also include gummi worms. How cute! And how perfect is the sentiment?? I used just the worm wishes part of wishing you worm wishes. Get it?? WORM wishes?? Cuz it is a tackle box! Ha! I kill me... Anyway, here is another one I made (there is one for each of Cameron and Katy's grandfathers) as well as a shot of the inside.
With tomorrow being Easter, I HAD to fill one with jelly beans!! :)
Hope you are having a great Saturday! And I hope you will try one of these boxes! These are GREAT for their versatility (oh, the possibilities!) and their PRICE. Very affordable. If you make one, I hope you'll link your box in a comment to this post! ;)
Worm Wishes Box
Stamps: Cute as a Bug. Paper: Heidi Grace It's My Party DP, Stamper's Select White, Pixie Pink, Tempting Turquoise. Ink: Pixie Pink, Tempting Turquoise (Apricot Appeal on one box). Accessories: Scalloped Oval Punch, 1 1/4 circle punch, 1 3/8 circle punch, White Signo Gel Pen, Pop-up Glue Dot.
Springtime Box
Stamps: Hoppy (A Muse). Paper: Heidi Grace It's My Party DP, Stamper's Select White, Pixie Pink. Ink: Palette Noir. Accessories: Karen Foster bottlecap, Copics, Stickles, Scalloped Oval Punch, White Signo Gel Pen.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so cute - I have seen something similar for purchase but this is way cuter.

Deborah said...

So clever! Love your tackle boxes! Deb

Heather Grow said...

Very fun idea. Super cute.

Doris said...

Great idea! I've also used tackle boxes for odds and ends (mostly beads) in the Stamping Tower (see blog) and also as a jewelry box. Never thought of using one as a gift though!

Happy Easter--He is risen indeed!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Neat idea and yummy too!
:-)

Kevin Renz said...

Hi Mandy, wanted to say thanks for stopping by, your little "worm boxes" are too cute. What a cute little gift.

Lorie said...

Very clever idea! I can see how it can be adapted all year long, too! Great idea for teachers' gifts, etc. You are so creative!

Debbie Olson said...

These are BOTH darling, but that worm one is just beyond sweet!

Eleanor said...

Clever idea!

Bunny B said...

Cute bunny box :) Mmm... I love jelly beans! Yum!