Saturday, November 6, 2010

Challenge on the 6th: Card Set



Happy November 6! :) On the sixth of every month, the Limelight Design Team tackles a challenge to present great paper crafting ideas to you. This month, our challenge is to use one piece of 12x12 paper and create a card set with different designs. My piece of 12x12 that I chose is the new Jillibean Soup Christmas Chestnut Soup in Whole Cloves. I just love this line's kraft base. What unique looking projects you can create with this look! I created five Christmas cards and one gift card holder using this one piece of paper, and I'll be using the few leftover scraps to embellish the envelopes. As far as general supplies are concerned, I used Dark Chocolate (PTI) and Riding Hood Red (SU) card stocks along with the patterned paper.

I'll show you the gift card holder first, since I think it's probably my favorite!

Here's an open view of my gift card, including the Starbucks gift card that's already tucked inside and ready to be given as a gift. Additional supplies are burgundy silk ribbon, a circle punch, a snowflake die, buttons, and some Jingle Bells.


The following ornaments card features silver tinsel and Silver Rhinestones. Stamps are PTI, and the ornament punch is from SU.


The Merry Xmas card features a smaller strip of the patterned paper, some Ivory Burlap String, some White Chocolate Chip Letters from Basic Grey, and a red spring and jingle bells.


The stamp on my joy card is from a past Unity store kit, a Cosmo Cricket chip snowflake covered in Chocolate glitter, a red button, and some White Satin Ribbon.


My snowman card features an ADORABLE velvet snowman sticker from Stampendous. The little flakes on the left panel are from the same sticker sheet. The believe stamp is from a past Unity store kit, and the brown "hills" are accented with Snow Glitter.


Thanks so much for joining us for this hop, and please remember to visit each of our DT members to see their wonderful creations!! See my right sidebar for DT links. :)

11 comments:

Karen B. said...

Your gift card holder is gorgeous, love that big bow and the bells! And your other cards are too cute! Fantastic job, Mandy.

de said...

Goregeousness! Love em!

Lorie said...

What a great challenge! I really hope I have time to play!

farmhouse-story said...

mandy, love your gift card and adorable cards!

Ravengirl said...

These are darling cards! Love your gift card holder. Those jingle bells are so rustic looking!

Leah l'Orange said...

LOVE the set, Mandy! and that was the PERFECT challenge for me yesterday, so thank you for the inspiration! :)

HERE is my set!

Michele Gross said...

Love this project!! The idea of a whole set using just 1 sheet is fantastic! LOVE that delicious bow on the set holder :) I totally want to go play in my studio now!! Thanks for the inspiration :D

Emily Keaton said...

These are WONDERFUL, Mandy!! Wow, what a versatile single 12 x 12 sheet. You did an amazing job here :)

Scrapcollectr said...

Love that gift card holder....but in studying it, I can't figure out the pieces that go into it (am I making it harder than it is? Lol) Do you anywhere that you explain it? Thx. *smile*

Hazel said...

I enjoyed this challenge - I made four cards with my 12 x 12 - the fourth one is here with links to the other three x

Pauletta said...

Lovely projects.