Saturday, June 6, 2009

Summer's Comin'!



That's right! Summer's just around the corner, and the Limelight Chicks are here to share some GREAT projects to help you get ready! Be sure to check out all of the Six Chicks' blogs as well as our 7th Six Chick for the month, Nikki Tanner! You will not be disappointed!

For my project, I created a Snow Cone gift set. I picked up a set of those snow cone holders (perfect for kiddos, I think!) and added a punched circle with the SO PERFECT stamp from TaDa Creative Studios.... Tee Hee Scream! It's a snow cone in a dish!!! Could be ice cream, too, of course, but doesn't it look JUST LIKE a snow cone?? I paper pieced the dish part with Lime Rickey paper, colored the metallic pieces with a Silver Spica pen, and added an orange rhinestone near each base. My favorite part of this project is the actual treat... I glittered each snow cone using Pink Paislee Pixee Stix (these are so cute AND affordable!) matching each snow cone holder. :)

The two bottles of snow cone syrup were covered with white paper and circles punched from more of the Lime Rickey paper were added as polka dots, carrying the pattern across from the cute snow cone cups I bought! I added some Pink Paislee alpha stickers to spell out the flavors, Blue Raspberry and Watermelon. Hello, SUMMER! :) I am including the snow cone cups (which are so cute that they need no decoration!) and a package of snow cone straws (the ones with the scoop on the end!) tied together with some tulle. Voila! Cute summery gift for a friend or a family!



Stamps: Tee Hee Scream (TaDa). Paper: GP White, Lime Rickey 6x6 Pad. Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black. Accessories: Silver Spica, Pixee Stix - Sugar Plum, Green Apple, Orange Crush, and Blueberry, Orange Rhinestones, Pink Paislee Holly Doodle Alpha Stickers - Raspberry, Butterfly Tulle, several circle punches.

14 comments:

Nikki Tanner (NCSUnikki) said...

OMGosh Mandy these are toooo cute! I love the glittered sno! What a FABULOUS idea-- my kids would LOVE this!

JenMarie said...

Oh how CUTE!

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute Mandy! I love your set!

Lorie said...

Oh, my gosh...this is completely fantastic!

Kristen said...

OMGoodness, These are SUPAH cute. Love thiese. Great project Mandy!

Lee said...

That is just the cutest and most creative fun summer kids set ever!!!!

Jennie said...

Cute job on these Mandy! So summery.... What fun kids (and adults) *~* will have with these!

Ann said...

TOO fun and oh-so-cute!

Alex said...

These are so fun and totally cute Mandy - love these! I need to figure out how to become a 7th chick!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lisa H. said...

yummy, yummy! love those papers. what a fabulous idea! tfs!

Angela W said...

These are super fab!

Becky said...

These are so cute. awesome idea.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, these are adorable!! Very cool idea!!

Hope you are doing well sweetie.

Anonymous said...

So very creative! Cute stuff! Vickie