Saturday, June 6, 2009

SSS - Summer Sketch Challenge



My good friends Alex and Melissa have started a sketch challenge blog that will post a new sketch challenge every other Saturday! The first challenge is up TODAY!! You'll certainly want to check out the Scrap and Stamp Blog, not only for the sketch and inspiration, but also because they are offering up a PRIZE!! Can you guess who their first sponsor is? None other than... Limelight Papercrafts! :) We are so thrilled to be sponsoring this fabulous sketch! We've donated the following prize package to one lucky winner of the challenge:

-Basic Grey Wisteria 6x6 Paper Pad
-Basic Grey Bling It Individual Rhinestone Squares - Silver/Diamond
-Prima Painterly Petals - Urban Cosmos
-Shimmerz Spritz - Concrete

For my scrapbook page (Ooh! Look! I've made THREE now!!), I chose some photos from last summer's vacation to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. The challenge suggests a summer-themed page as well, so I thought this would be perfect! I am still learning to photograph my scrapbook pages, and for some reason the two outer pictures look fuzzy and light. They don't look like that in real life!! But I digress... Myrtle Beach is my husband's FAVORITE place in the world, so I made this with him in mind!

Paper: Bubble Blue, Mia - Whirl, Ink: Color Box - Silver. Accessories: Mia Glitter Borders, Mia Die Cuts, Pink Droplet (on the flower at the top).

I'll be back in a little bit to share my Six Chicks big project for this month... Our theme is Summer's Comin', and I know you'll be inspired and excited about the projects on display! :) For now.... Go try that sketch at Scrap and Stamp! :)

14 comments:

Amy said...

Love that page Mandy!! Go YOU you little scrapper!

Lisa H. said...

ooooo, great prize up for grabs. and Your page is darling! you go, girl!

Regina said...

This page is fabulous Mandy!!!! Thanks again - for everything!! You ROCK!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jennie said...

Cute page Mandy! It was a great sketch to work with and I love your design!

Pamela said...

Beautiful! I love it!

betsy (pharmgirl) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
betsy (pharmgirl) said...

Such a nice layout and so nice to donate a prize!

Jen said...

Very cute! Love the soft colors!

Chris said...

very cute!! thanks for donating the prize!

Cheryl KVD said...

Beautiful page!! You did a wonderful job!!! Thanks for everything you did with this challenge!

Melissa said...

Well done Mandy! And thank you for your willingness to be our first sponsor.....support like yours will be what makes this new venture a success!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Love your page, love Myrtle Beach and so glad to see you enjoying yourself with the challenge!! We're so happy you sponsored us!!

Erin... said...

So pretty and such fun summer photos! Thanks for playing along with us at SSS:)

Regina said...

very pretty. love the colors. thanks for playing along at SSS!