Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cookies and Lace


Just a quick, cute, sweet card today! :) Who doesn't love COOKIES? Mmm-hmm. We all love cookies of some kind, right? I taught a week-long healthy eating and cooking class for elementary school students a couple of weeks ago, and we made THESE chocolate cookies one day. I couldn't resist the temptation to work in some card making, too! *wink*
I used a white cardstock base and layered on this yellow heart patterned paper from the SU Good Neighbors paper pad (I'm pretty sure that's what it is called...it was a SAB choice this year). Some May Arts lace ribbon (we don't have the one I used currently in stock, but we have this similar one) keeps with the homemade baking feel of the card. A wonderful PTI Lemon Tart button is placed at the end of the lace. I thought it looked elegant, yet...cookie-ish?... at the same time. :) The cookie was made by using a circle punch to cut kraft cardstock. I then colored the brown "chocolate chips" with an SU marker. I took a bite out of it by using a scalloped circle punch on only part of the cookie. The "sweet thing" sentiment comes from the Unity set Mix-up of Cuteness, and it was stamped in SU Chocolate Chip ink.
I should have another post tomorrow and Monday, but be sure to check back on Wednesday as the Limelight DT brings you some fabulous invitations and party favors!! It WILL BE the 6th of the month, after all... ;) See ya then (and hopefully before!)!

6 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a cute cute card:) Love that cookie! Now I want to eat one:) Love the color combo too! And that lace...and the button...oh my--I just looooooooove it all:) Great job!

Ryann said...

Cute, cute, and more cute! Love this Mandy :)

farmhouse-story said...

very sweet card, mandy:)

Ravengirl said...

So cute! I did a few chocolate chip cookie cards this year too! My daughter had a chocolate chip cookie themed party a couple months ago :)

Rose said...

oh this is such a yummy card. looks like one i have now ;) have a great 4th girl :)

Leah l'Orange said...

oooh, this is CUTE! i especially lurrrrrve that button, Mandy! yum!