Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shabby Chic, Take One


Well, with the induction of Webster's Pages into the Limelight repertoire, I was anxious to try my hand a more of a shabby-chic look. I see lots of places for additions (ink, at least!), but I played around with this yesterday and came up with this card. What fun it was! And I must say that EVERY SINGLE paper in my Webster's paper pad was dripping with gorgeous sweetness! I will be diving back into that pad later today!

Hope you enjoy this card. And, YES, the messy stitching job on top? I MEANT to do that. Really. ;) Did you notice the center of the focal hydrangea? That is a GLITTER SPARKLER! That's the single product I was most excited about in the Webster's order... just love these little sparkly gems! You get 20 in a package (various sizes) for $4.99, so they are quite a steal! In lieu of ribbon on this card, I made the top piece of patterned paper a little longer than it needed to be and slightly distressed and curled it. Then I added a healthy coating of Crystal Stickles for dimension and sparkle.

Papers: Webster's Pages Lullaby Lane/Life's Portrait paper pad, Cream (PTI). Accessories: Life's Fabric Fancies, Glitter Sparklers, Black Rhinestones, Crystal Stickles, Prima Hydrangeas, Sewing.

11 comments:

Janice said...

This is beautiful, I just may have to get some Websters. TFS!

de said...

Beautiful card Mandy! I can't wait to get my hands on those sparklers!!!

StampinCathy said...

This is one amazing card. I just love all the details, colors, and bling you used. Love the stitching too.

Rose said...

oh these papers are beautiful!! and what a great card to show them off :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, that sparkler is fabulous!

lisa a.

Ravengirl said...

Yum!!! This is gorgeous and I can't wait to see some more!

farmhouse-story said...

gorgeous card, mandy! can't wait for my papers!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHH---this is beautiful! LOVE it:) I have to head over to the store tom to make an order;) Can't wait!!

Lee said...

That is a beautiful Shabby Chic look Mandy!!!!

Lisa H. said...

ahhhhh! I played around with this stuff, too! it is gorgeous and SO is your card. man, now I wish I had gotten some of those sparklers!!!

Jennie said...

So pretty Mandy (just a beautiful design and love those flowers!) and I LOVE the sparklers! I used one on my card I am posting on Thursday...so gorgeous!
The Webster's Pages is soooo pretty...I just look and sigh :o)