Sunday, August 10, 2008

Christmas "Gift" Card


Is it too early to be thinking about Christmas? I think not... I hope not! For us, the Christmas season this year will be even more full. We had our daughter, Katy, on December 20 last year! We went home from the hospital two days before Christmas! So we will, from now on, be celebrating a birthday then, too. If you have a Christmastime birthday, or a child with one, and have any suggestions for how to celebrate, fun ideas, etc., please share them! :) I taught a student a few years ago whose birthday was on Christmas day, and they put up a special BIRTHDAY TREE for her each year, in addition to the normal Christmas tree! How fun!

Stamps: just for you (justjohanna). Ink: Real Red, Garden Green. Paper: Very Vanilla, Flair Christmas patterned paper. Accessories: Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon, Hemp Twine, Tag Punch.

3 comments:

Yamma Mamma said...

Mandy, My #1 suggestion for December bdays? Never, ever wrap her gifts with Christmas paper. That's the ultimate insult, and the worst thing anyone has ever done to me. :) Keep her birthday very separate from Christmas, so she gets to celebrate both! I've always wanted a pool party for my bday...

When my little cousin was born in Dec, my aunt decided to always celebrate his bday in June, so he could have the summery type party. Works for him, and her! Wonder if he'll age twice as fast? :)

Maria said...

Oh how cool! Well, my mom was born dec 25! How's that for a christmas present. My grandma would say how the dr asked her "Can I go home now to have Christams dinner?" LOLOL!

Kevin Renz said...

I like the tree idea. My oldest is a Dec. 1st, so not early enough to make a huge difference, we just postpone holiday activities until after his birthday. I know a set of twins who were born on Christmas day too, I'll have to see what they do.