Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Bird-Day!


Seriously, how CUTE are these birdhouses? Perfect for coloring OR for paper-piecing, as I've done here, they make a simply adorable card! The February Unity Store Kit of the Month, Life is Fabulous, is just that... FABULOUS!

I used Regal Rose for my card base, and I layered on some Nook and Pantry patterned paper. I love how pretty and soft some of these papers are! I stamped the birdhouses in Chocolate Chip ink. I found that lining them up together on the same stamp block was very helpful in positioning the three birdhouses evenly. I paper-pieced the houses with Nook and Pantry papers from the same pad. I quickly colored the grass with a Koh-i-noor pencil and stamped the sentiment (from the same Unity kit) in Crushed Curry ink. I rounded the corners of the white cardstock and popped it up on Pop-it Squares. I tied some Pink Silk ribbon behind the white panel to continue the softness of the card. :) Love that silk ribbon.... It is just fun to TOUCH! LOL!

No comments: