Thursday, September 17, 2009

Limelight Sketch 30: Patterned Paper!


Happy Thursday, everyone! Welcome to another round of the Limelight Sketch and Product Challenge! Limelight Papercrafts is the home of SEVERAL new patterned paper lines, so we thought it would only be fitting that we use patterned paper as the focus for our sketch this week! :) This week, we have a little something SNEAKY up our sleeves for you! An extra HIDDEN prize!! Be sure to check out each of my wonderful DT members' blogs because ONE of them contains an additional prize that you can be entered to win JUST by leaving a comment! What's the prize, you ask? Great question, my friends. ;) One lucky commenter will win the new Basic Grey Indian Summer Pops! Just surf around the following blogs...you'll know it when you get to the blog with the prize!

For my card, I chose to use the NEW Basic Grey Indian Summer papers. Boy, are they gorgeous! Trust me, if you love fall, this captures the feelings inspired by fall perfectly!! For my card base, I used the new SU In Color Soft Suede (the textured cardstock). I layered on the Indian Summer for both of my patterned paper pieces. I also sprayed on a little Tuscan Sun Shimmerz Spritz to the large background piece of patterned paper to give a subtle gold shimmer to my card. You cannot tell because the strips are so thin, but the paper that the sentiment is on is actually a fall leaf pattern! Like this:

There are several colors of that beautiful pattern in the 6x6 paper pad! Love that. For the focal image, I used my *favorite* thing from this Basic Grey release (okay, ONE of my favorites!! LOL!)... The felt tree from the Indian Summer Woolies! Isn't it totally gorgeous? Even Drew (my husband) was wowed by it! The sentiment, which I embossed with Gold EP, comes from the Unity Store Kit, Everything Extraordinary. What a fabulous set! One thing Angela really know how to do well (although she does seem to do EVERYTHING well!) is find the best quotes for her stamps! This one is so perfect... "In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary"! Next to each part of the sentiment, I added a single Bronze Rhinestone to complete the sketch and add more warmth.

Okay, now it's your turn...


The Details:
**Use the sketch above and dress it up with your favorite PATTERNED PAPER!!

**Key word for SCS upload is LLPC030
**Post a comment with a link to your card right here on this post by Sunday, September 20, at midnight (or before winner is drawn Monday a.m.).

**PRIZE ~ One lucky winner will receive the Unity Stamp Co. Hauntingly Sweet Stamp Set!

30 comments:

Ann said...

Gorgeous card, Mandy! Gotta love BasicGrey! :D

Linda said...

WOW what a beautiful card....love those yummy fall colors!!

Craft u Crazy said...

fabulous card, stunning colours.
I'm From South Africa and I am still very new a his bloging thing. How do I participate in these challenges? Sorry for my ignorance... Please in-lighten me.
Would love you to pop over to my blog to see what I do.

Kind regards
Adele James
South Africa

Lisa H. said...

this is great, Mandy! love those felt pieces. great prizes, too! tfs!

Tanya said...

Beautiful card!
Great stamp set!

~amy~ said...

♥love it♥

Carrie said...

Gorgeous card Mandy! Loving this new BG paper.

Amy said...

Beautiful Mandy! Probably one of my favorites you've ever done!

Cassie said...

Wow, Mandy! Great papers, awesome sketch, and lovely card! Here is my take on the sketch: http://cassietrstamping.blogspot.com/2009/09/limelight-color-dare-challenge.html

Thanks for a fun challenge ;D

JenMarie said...

Ooo...this is FABULOUS!

Jenn said...

beautiful card Mandy!

I found some time to play along :)

http://doublendesigns.blogspot.com/2009/09/moxie-fab-with-limelight-sketch.html

and I just noticed the Torendi blinkie, you are too sweet

Shauna K said...

this was a tough sketch for me! {here} is my take :)

Ashley Newell said...

holy moly, this is stunning!!!

Shauna K said...

{here} my second take :D

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Wow! Fun!!!

Here is my project

Janna :)

Marie Bingaman said...

That tree is YUMMY! Love your card!

Jennie said...

Love your card Mandy...such pretty Basic Grey dp!!
Here is mine:
http://stampawaytheday.blogspot.com/2009/09/limelight-sketch-challenge-30.html

Linda said...

Love your sketch...thank you!!!
Here’s my card.

Anonymous said...

WOW MANDY!!!! This card is Gawwwwww-jus!!!

ANAT S said...

love your card
thanke for inspiring challenge

here is my entry

Ashley Newell said...

Here's my card: http://hearthugsdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/09/for-meelahs-birthday.html

Monika in VA said...

Love this sketch!

Here is my card on SCS

Ravengirl said...

Woohoo! I got to play this time! I even talked my girlfriend into playing:) Now I just have to call here and get her to post it here!

Lovey Dovey Limelight

Becky Sorensen said...

Here is mine, I used a new stamp my daughter got me!


http://beckysorensens.blogspot.com/2009/09/limelight-sketch-30-patterned-paper.html

hugs,

Kristen Carll said...

Such a fun sketch! :) Here is my card!!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1485690?&cat=500&ppuser=165009

Ameribeth said...

Ravengirl's BFF posting with my take on the fun challenge!
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1485923?&cat=500&ppuser=156170

Steph Zerbe said...

SO FUN! Her's mine...
http://stephzerbedesign.blogspot.com/2009/09/limelight-challenge-sketch-30.html

de said...

Wow! This is so pretty! I love the new DP and the felt tree is awesome!

Rose said...

beautiful fall card :0) not sure when your challenges start and end. my card is HERE

Itzuvit said...

Great Challenge:
Here is mine

:)