Thursday, May 14, 2009

Six Chicks Sketch #21 - Tulles of the Trade!


Good Thursday morning, everyone! It's time for another Limelight Sketch and Product Challenge! And this week, the focus is on TULLE! Tulle is one of my FAVORITE cardmaking items, and I am sad to see that it's not more widely used. In fact, some of you may not have any tulle *gasp!*. Well, we want to change that by giving away some tulle to one lucky winner! And for this challenge, if you don't have tulle, don't worry! Use another ribbon, lace, cloth....or even a tulle skirt image! OR...skip the tulle all together. We still want to see what you can do with this sketch!

Paper: Lime Rickey 6x6 Paper Pad, Pink Fairy (Washboard Texture by Bazzill), Beetle Black (Criss Cross Texture by Bazzill), White. Accessories: Designer Rhinestones - Cupcake (Basic Grey...brand NEW!), Kaisercraft Red Rhinestones, Raven Tulle, Pixie Dust Blingz Shimmerz.

For my card, I incorporated several economical choices for card making! Of course you'll notice that the main image is a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW Designer Rhinestone design from Basic Grey! Their new Opaline (pearl) and Bling It (rhinestone) lines are designed to be inexpensive...only $1.79 per item! And we all know that the Kaisercraft rhinestones are an economical choice as well! Also, I used some Bazzill papers which are on CLEARANCE at Limelight! All open stock cardstock is on clearance. We had a LOT of cardstock, so LOTS are still available! I also used Tulle, which retails for a mere 26 cents per yard! And trust me, you can use this stuff ANYWHERE! I finished with some Pixie Dust Blingz on two edges of my black layer for a silvery, shimmery touch. This jar of Shimmerz is only $3.89, but if you spend $35 or more, you can have it for FREE!

The Details:
**Use the sketch provided and think TULLE! You can CERTAINLY be flexible with your interpretation of tulle, and you may definitely skip it if you don't have any!! In fact, we hope you win if you do not have tulle....because we'll get to send you some! :)

**Key word for SCS upload is LLPC021.

**Post a comment with a link to your card right here on this post by Sunday, May 17th, at midnight (or before winner is drawn Monday a.m.).

**PRIZE ~ Five yards of tulle of the winner's choice!(Winner is chosen randomly from all participants.)

On another note, ALL ORDERS of $35 or more will receive one jar of Shimmerz for FREE!! Now's the time to shop!

15 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE your card Mandy!! So adorable!! and love your new profile pic too!!

Kristen H said...

My mother made me a skirt out of tulle when I was a little girl that I wore over my shorts. I put it on nearly every day when I was about 5 or 6 years old. I loved it! It was all different colors on an elastic waistband. I don't think I have any in my stash, maybe a few skinny pieces, hopefully enough for a card. Thanks for the fun challenge and sketch, and the happy memory!!!

Lisa H. said...

what a WOW! card. I saw that cupcake in the store this morning, what a fun product. Love this, Mandy. TFS!

~amy~ said...

Love your card Mandy...I gotta buy some of those blingy cupcakes...sooo stinkin' cute!!!

Lee said...

Ohhh I must HAVE that cupcake!!! Awesome card Mandy!!!! Oh and the new pearls!!!

inkedx2 said...

Here is my creation for your challenge.

http://inkedx2.blogspot.com/2009/05/bella-birds-sketch-set.html

Robbie

Lorie said...

Oh, my gosh Mandy...I LOVE that cupcake! I'm going to beat Lee in buying one! :o)

Nikki Tanner (NCSUnikki) said...

Hi everyone! Just found your site-- super cute! Here is my card... I call it, "I'm a Tulle". :)
http://smellslikehomemade.blogspot.com/2009/05/llpc021-im-tulle.html

Nikki Tanner (NCSUnikki) said...

Okay, I took a picture this morning in better light....:)
http://smellslikehomemade.blogspot.com/2009/05/llpc021-im-tulle.html

Ashley Newell said...

I'm so busy right now! ACK! Here's my card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1348260

Shauna K said...

Thanks! I love your card- so cute!
Here's my take:: http://army08love.blogspot.com/2009/05/3-challenges-six-chicks-tpe-timeless.html

Ravengirl said...

Okay, I got it done! Here is my card.

de said...

Hmmm, not sure if mine posted, I'll try again... here is mine! http://stampin-de-va.blogspot.com/2009/05/limelight-6-chicks-sketch-and-may-aloha.html

Cat said...

Hi,Mandy!
Here is my card. I love your cupcake! I chose a cupcake too. I decided to make "tulle" icing.
So fun! Below is the link.

http://catscraftycorner.blogspot.com/2009/05/tulles-of-time.html

Alex said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your card!! Man, I wish I had played along but with job interviews all last week and birthdays on the weekend, I did not get to play at all :-( And, I have fabulous tulle - I got it at Limelight, lol!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex