Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Spooky Spider...and an Award




I'm really not much of a Halloween person, but in recent years, I've really enjoyed creating with the fun spooky images. There are just so many possibilities! :) I really love this spider and web from Odd Bird Planet. How cute and simple! I combined these fun new stamps with another card technique I like to use. I created the circle card out of these Waste Not Paper 5 1/2" circle cardstock pieces. I like to score the top circle at about an inch or so, then adhere the scored section to the bottom of the card base. Then it opens up and functions beautifully as a circle card!
I am so excited to now be carrying Stampendous! Disco Black Embossing Powder in the store. I couldn't wait until it arrived, so I did create my own using Black and Holographic Highlights embossing powders. I made a mess with the black and glitter creating my own, so I'm glad Disco Black is here! But it worked none the same... :) Here is a closeup of the sparkly spider...


I also received a Javablu Award!! Hooray! The super-cool thing about this award is that it was actually CREATED by Ms. Javablu herself! That's right; Jacquie MADE this award! :) Here are the rules...

1. The winner can put the logo on their blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 5 other blogs.

4.Before listing the nominees give a brief reason why you chose them.
5. Put links of those blogs on yours.
6. Leave a message on the blogs you have nominated

The following people will be the recipients of the Javablu award. I have to limit to five today because I am short on time! ACK!

1. Jennifer - Oh My Cuppycake - Her creations just make me smile!!

2. Michelle - Random Crafting - She is so super-sweet, and her enthusiasm for cardmaking is contagious!

3. Jill - Heavenly Blessed - Jill and I have been close friends for a long time! We actually went to high school together, although we didn't really hang out until college! She is great at making cards, and she is expanding her cardmaking business to include custom gift baskets! If you are needing gift baskets to celebrate a new baby (or a new mommy!), Christmas, birthdays, ANYTHING, then Jill is the chick to see! She is working on transitioning to the expanded line...Stay tuned! www.heavenly-blessed.com

4. Samantha - A Scrap Addict's Blog - She is so sweet and creative!

5. Aimee - Relaxin' While Stampin' - Aimee is very creative and always has something fun and new on her blog!

Okay, we are off for a while. Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Stamps: Teresa's Spider, Kelly's Regular Spider Web. Paper: WNP 5 1/2" Circle Card Stock, Basic Black. Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black. Accessories: Michael's Ribbon, Embossing Powder, Scallop Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch.

7 comments:

Javablustamper said...

This card is super cute! I love it! So glad you like the award!! Hope you are well! Take care!

Kevin Renz said...

What a great card Mandy! The embossing powder looks cool too.

Lauren said...

Super cute. That spider is adorable.

Jennifer Love said...

Ooh! What a cute, cute card! I just love it! That spider is soooo fun.

Thanks for the award! You're too kind. I've achieved my goal if I've made someone smile with one of my cards. :)

Michelle said...

OMG!! You gave me an award! Oh WOW! I've seen them so many places but haven't gotten one! Thank you so much! It means a lot to me! Your words are always so kind!!

Lori Barnett said...

I love the spiders and web!! too cute! Hey...I don't see a e-mail subscription on your blog? So maybe you can somehow remind me when you have another challenge :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is adorable! Love that round style with these images