Saturday, September 15, 2007

September Stamp Camp Projects!

Hello! Sorry I've been MIA the last few days, but we have been very busy! Tomorrow is Youth Sunday at church and my husband, who is the youth minister at our church, has been preparing a sermon, and we've been working with our wonderful youth on some things. My parents came for a visit, too, and we enjoyed having them here.

On top of that, I had a stamp camp today! We made chipboard-covered jumbo paperclips. We used the Blossoms and Basics chipboard set and covered them with the Cutie Pie Paper, both by Stampin' Up! They are very easy to make! I just used a glue stick to cover the chipboard with the paper, a pop-up glue dot to attach the pieces, and used Crystal Effects to glue the paper clip to the chipboard! So easy!!




We also used the cloisonne technique to make this simple card. You simply find a fun, colorful picture in a magazine (I found a Ralph Lauren ad in a Real Simple magazine!) and stamp your line image in VersaMark, then emboss in gold embossing powder. Cut out your image and adhere it to your card! How cool is that? I love the teal shades in this card. And the fact that it is simple and blank.






The last project we made is this toilet paper tube Halloween treat basket! I used Nichole Heady's directions, which can be found here- {capture the moment}: Papertrey Newsletter. Her blog is fantastic; please do check it out! I used the Stampin' Up! Apple Cider papers in the mini catalog, the scallop punch for the bottom, and the Batty For You stamp set. I am not a big Halloween person, but I love Batty For You! One of the stamps is a vampire that says, "Fangs for the memories..." How could you NOT love that?!?!?


I hope you enjoy these projects. Have a great night, and I'll have more for you soon! Hopefully tomorrow! ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed our visit with you all. The stamp camp was a lot of fun...really cute and creative projects!
We love you all. Cameron is so precious!
Mom & Dad
P.S. Sorry we have to miss Drew's sermon tomorrow.