Sunday, September 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Tote

Today I want to share a gift card tote that I made for a good friend of ours at church. We made these "Notes and Totes" at the Quarterly Meeting I attended last weekend, and I thought it would be perfect to stick a gift card in instead of notecards. I used Purely Pomegranate and Pumpkin Pie for the colors...I think it has a nice fall feel to it, but it's still bright and festive for a birthday. I used the Eat Cake stamp set by Stampin' Up! and added Yellow Stickles to the candles. There is Pumpkin Pie ribbon for the handles and black brads to accent. I also drew stars around the scallop to mimic the background on the bag. (For those of you who want to know, I tucked a gift card for Barnes and Noble and a gift card for Starbucks in the tote...with the birthday card, of course!)
















Yesterday we ran to Home Depot for a few painting supplies (my husband is painting the baby's room this week), and Home Depot had a kids' workshop kind of thing going on outside. Cameron is obviously too young to do much, but we HAD to get him one of the little aprons they were giving away! How cute is this?!?!? Can you see that they put his name on the apron? Just like an employee! :) And, yes, he IS eating the apron.

Have a great day! I got a couple of new stamps (one A Muse and one Penny Black) so I hope to post a card or two later today! You will LOVE the Penny Black stamp...it's a Christmas stamp and SO SO cute!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Your birthday tote is just adorable! Beautful jon on it! YOur son is beyond precious in his HD apron! What a Kodak moment that was! TFS- Deb