Friday, October 29, 2010

Boo!


Happy Friday! Have you played along with our Limelight Sketch and Product Challenge for this week? If not, you have through Monday morning to play! I can't wait to see what you come up with...and one lucky cardmaker will win a Pink Paislee Father Christmas prize package!

My card for today was created based on the Card Positioning Systems Sketch 190. I loved the simplicity and versatility of the sketch. I created a (yes, pink!) Halloween card for my daughter's preschool teacher, and I included an m&m tube to match. I started with a Kraft card base and added my Raspberry Fizz layer. I added an Eyelet border die border to the top and bottom of the pink in black. The spider is my FAVORITE part of this card! I made him using a larger black button, wiggle eyes, and some black burlap string. Mr. Spider's silk strand trail is the new Silver Glass Glitter from SU. LOVE THIS STUFF! Good thing I accidentally bought two jars of it. ;) The "BOO" sentiment is actually some metallic silver chipboard letters from Colorbok that I got at Target for a buck!

Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Karen B. said...

Super cute, and pink on a halloween card-now that's impressive.

Emily Keaton said...

This card is SO fun!! I just love that it is *pink* and that button spider is adorable. Love what you've made, Mandy!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GET OUT!! That spider is tooooooooooo cute:) LOVE IT! Great card!!!

Rose said...

this is the cutest spider ever!!! :)