Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lime Flowers


I really wanted to try the grid technique that has been so popular. I just did a basic grid on my card stock by scoring the Gable Green at 1/2" intervals. I used my scoring blade on my paper cutter because I do not own a ScorPal. I think the result was really cute though, and I hope you can see it in this picture! I think it was SUCH a sunny day when I took the photo that it was actually too much light. But hey, how much can you actually complain about a sunny day? ;)
Stamps: Lime Flowers (justjohanna's Odd Bird Planet). Paper: Gable Green, Bazzill Coconut Swirl. Ink: Palette Noir. Accessories: Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Lime Green Stickles.

Yesterday we went as a family to the Taste of Charlotte, a festival in uptown Charlotte this weekend that features the best of the city's restaurants, etc. It was lots of fun! We sampled spring rolls, pizza, rice, and the best little coconut macaroons! Katy really enjoyed strolling around outside, and Cameron loved playing in the kids' area and *of course* eating!! His first sample was a slice of watermelon, so he was in heaven. Here are some cute pictures documenting the great time we had!!


Ready to go...


Cameron enjoying his slice of ice cold watermelon; Katy munching on her stroller straps... ;)


Drew had fun playing a racing simulator game; I enjoyed a 5-minute massage from the Ballantyne Spa booth.


Having fun with some cute kids!


Cameron on the way home. :)

6 comments:

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

you make beautiful work! :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very cute. The grid turned out so well.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

How sweet Mandy! I love the color of the card those pics of your kids are just soooo sweet!

Erika H. said...

I love your grid card...so wonderful. Your kids are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

That grid work looks awesome.

What a fun day! Looks like somebody got worn out! So cute.

Angie Tieman said...

Love your card! You did great with the grid technique, thanks for reminding me I need to try that! Those are some little cuties you had out with you too! Sounds like a fun day.